Saturday, November 12, 2005

Composition, My unlucky day

"Ringggg!" my alarm clock rang as loud as a siren, as it vibrated violently, it travelled off the edge of the table and hit me on my head. "Ow..." i awake as i rubbed my slightly bruised forehead cursing the clock. As i made my way down for breakfast, I slipped on a toy car left by my forgetful little brother and found myself tumbling down the stairs with a loud thud.
"Looks like someone woke up at the wrong side of the bed", my sister giggled. Thankfully, my house was fully carpetted and the carpet cushioned my fall. "Not my day", I muttered under my breath as I grabbed my breakfast and headed for school. As it was raining last night, the streets in my neighbourhood was dotted with puddles of water. Noticing a familiar scene I once saw on television, i navigated my way to school through these tricky puddles of water.
"Honk honk!" horned an incoming car moving at a steady velocity at the side of the road. "Hah! I'm not gonna get splashed by the water!", I thought to myself as i took a big step sideways. "Splat!" a familiar sound was heard, and before i could react after stepping on dog faeces, the car whizzed past as fast as a bullet making a bigger-then-usual wave soaking me from top to bottom. "Eww..." said a little boy savouring his lollipop as I shook the water off my hair like a dog. Suddenly, it came to me that I have forgotten to bring my assignment to school, panicked, i ran back immediately forgetting the puddle of water behind me. " Thud!" I fell again, this time, it hurt really bad on my leg. I climbed back up quickly and limped my way back home. "This day could not get any.." before i can complete my sentence, a bird just blessed me with its holy blessing on me,"..worse."
As i finally reached home, I found my siblings sitting at home watching saturday morning cartoons leisurely while eating ceral. "Oh look, the clown's back. How's school?" my sister teased me knowing I need not go to school today. As I sat down, I heaved a sigh of relief, the best news i heard all day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tiffanie-Kyra Chia said...

LOLS. uni , there aint no word such as hurted. only hurt. =)

3:27 AM  
Blogger † Misère Noire † said...

yea yea i know, its hard to check for mistakes when u type and when u write. u know the way we pronounce hurt(past) in english language? sounds like hurted so, yea. my bad =P

3:55 AM  

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home