Saturday, February 04, 2006

February 05, 2006

Well, long time since i blogged, time to clean off the cobwebs gathering around here. Most of the time thanks to the busy schedule of daily schoolwork and my procrastination of most things, I barely blog, so, being really free today, I blog =) (that didn't really make sense =l ) Alritey, so lets talk about school shall we? Now before I start, lets censor the teacher's name before I get sued for something, go to jail, blah blah, etc. The interne t used to be a place of much freedom, now its so controlled, sigh.

Lets see, promoted to secondary four, really much tougher then I thought. We're first bombarded with headstart tests which I really studied hard for a week. After that, we have a few weeks of not-so-slack lessons, followed by chinese new year to let my hair down, and finally, remedial lessons. New teachers, hmm, all my lika-ble teachers got changed. Miss khoo changed to mrs lau, miss soh changed to mrs lee fang lan and finally, mrs chang to mrs ting.

Well, the new teachers, really, unfortunate about the switches. Miss Khoo was really awesome, her lessons are interesting, she gives ALOT of examination tips, feedbacks, etc. Mrs Lau's just your average teach teach teach you do work teacher. Nothing unpleasant, but nothing creative either. But she's trying, so I give her a B for effort. Miss soh, she's really slack. I think she's absent for as many lessons as Nikilah (sorry, no offence). Miss soh is a likeness of Miss Khoo, only problem is, she gives the class too much group work time. Yes she can teach, but too slack, often get bullied by us =(. Changed to mrs lee, oh god, i swear that she's the most pickiest teacher in GMSS. First SS test, demoralizes everyone. Whole class except a handful failed. To think we're the best express class, we can get such a crappy result. Common assignments? Fail alot, BUT, you score well, you groan too! Why?

Case #01: Mrs Lee to Kah Sin on a particular assignment which she did very well: " I want YOU to IMPROVE YOUR ESSAY, TYPE YOUR EDITTED ESSAY in microsoft word and send it to me the NEXT DAY." I could have sworn i heard a puny voice crying for help at that moment. Poor Kah Sin =l

Note: Give your 101% in every assignment given! If not, there will fatal consequences. Example:

Case #02: To me: Your assignment is IN A RIDICULOUSLY BAD CONDITION THAT I DO NOT WANT TO MARK IT! (actual fact: Its slightly tattered on the top part because of my "SAVE THE EARTH" fullscap paper.)

Evaluation: Lift everything from your textbook to microsoft word, use the summarize option, explain each summarized point in full, give conclusion, etc. Write your sentences in YOUR BEST HANDWRITING on TOP QUALITY paper, sprinkle some light high class perfume, fast for days and nights before handing in your assignment. YOU MIGHT, get past her safely, or on rare days of striking 4D, a praise from her.

Lastly, we have mrs chang (gone) to mrs ting(present). Mrs chang, average teacher, very very kind to us, as a result gets taken advantage of by us, extremely lenient. Mrs Ting, very very cruel (in a way) to us, as a result, WE get taken advantage of, extremely strict in marking.

Case #01: Letty's 5 step working to a 3mark sum.
Mrs Ting: *walks to the board, corrects all the 5 steps with MINUTE errors*
Mrs Ting: SO YOU SEE! SHE HAS 5 ERRORS ON THIS 3 MARKS QUESTION! *comments on errors* ending with, " SHE GETS A -2 MARKS FOR THE SUM! YES, ITS THAT STRICT!"

O well, I can predict what fun days we're gonna have =_=

2 Comments:

Blogger MdmSng said...

Oh boy, you are very strict yourself in your assessment of your teachers. I think you are only trying not to say anything about me cos you know I'm reading your blog! ha ha!

All I can say is : welcome to the real world! Teachers come in all sorts, just like students, just like your future bosses and colleagues. So just learn to adapt, live with, tolerate and work each situation to your advantage as far as you are able to.

If you can only hear what teachers say about students in the staff room! heh heh heh...

1:57 AM  
Blogger † Misère Noire † said...

o_O?
I'm not strict in my assessment of my teachers! The only one I don't like is Mrs Lee =l All the others are pretty fine, I just don't like the part that we have our more likable teachers changed. We're glad that you didn't get changed to mr chia too!

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home