Saturday, February 18, 2006

Damn, pre-monday blues -.-ll

See what I mean? Friday was just here! Now its sunday! Grr, time seems to be accelerating at the same rate as gravity freefall, similarity? It stops at particular optimum, in human terms, DEATH!
Oh well, not really looking forward to next week cause the day starts with a SOCIAL STUDIES TEST!( my ss is super sucky haha =*) Anyway, tonight's gonna go katong there to some special grill restaurant. Supposedly heat up some rocks till you can make Indian fire walkers go," OWOW HOT HOT!" then skewer your meat on it. Last time we went was at clarke quay, japanese grill restaurant. *drools* shitake shrooms <3

Anyway, gotta hand in report 0.81 to mrs loh for the NATIONAL WEATHER STUDY PROJECT , acronymed(did i spell it right?) NWSP, No Way Senoko's Paying (for information that students give). They needed some data, too lazy to hire proffessionals, so exploit the labour much cheaper then bangladesh workers, STUDENTS(us) or even INTERNS(future us).

Was feeling crapped up and ranting around cursing and swearing. Why must I do all the work =.= Heres a review of everything the task they were SUPPOSED to do:

Me: Find data from several places w/e for the main skeleton (done)

Wayne: Summarize data, cut down words, prevent the stupid copyright law from throwing us in jail (done)

Shimin: Take pictures of dipiliated, neglected buildings to put in our report saying the BIIG BAAD humidity is responsible for hurting our poor innocent buildings which keep us warm and happy (done..sorta)

Jiun Khai: -nth assigned cause he has chicken pox during december-

Tobie: Input pictures to the report (done) AND GIVE ME A @!()&!@%()!%( ESSAY ON HOW/WHY IS IT LIKE THAT! MAAN ISSIT SO HARD TO DO SO?! WHY WHY WHY AREEE YOUUU SOOO IRRESSSPONSIIIBLLEEEEEE! WHYYY! AND EVERYTIME ITS MEEEEE WHO GETS SCOLDED BY MRS LOHHHH! WHEREEES YOURRR TEAMMMMWORRRKK!! CAN MAAPLEEEE CANT DOOO WORRRKKK ISSITTTT?!!!?!!?!!

okaay, that was abit exasperated, but yeah. gets the message across. Ranted at him in class, no effect, he gives me the," IM A HEAD PREFECT! I HAVE MANY THINGS TO DO!" look. I mean come on, he's the leader, he's not taking a role of one. Everything I coordinate since I'm super free on december. But hey, I'm not even supposed to be doing that at all. Plan meetings, plan stuff etc, all must I do. -.- i mean like wtf,

Mrs loh: TAKE INITIATIVE! SHOW YOUR TEAMWORK!

Me (thoughts): WHY MUST I BE THE ONE WHO TAKES THE INITIATIVE! WHY CAN'T EVERYONE TAKE INITIATIVE?! JUST CAUSE I TAKE INITIATIVE DOES THAT MAKE ME A CRIMINAL AND THE BLAME FACTOR? Oh, so its, UNI TOOK THE INITIATIVE! ANYTHING SCREWS UP BLAME HIM! BLAME HIM! HE TAKE INITIATIVE MEANS HE SUPERMAN CAN DO EVERYTHING! YA ! YA! WE DIDN'T DO ANYTHING MEANS WE'RE INNOCENT! YA! YA!

Yes mrs loh, you are right. We DON'T have teamwork, no one's motivated to work, only me. I'm free, they're busy trying to score A1s for O lvls and cry for joy when they get the certificate. Great, tobie wants me to be the leader? I shalt command thee to work, but does it make a difference whose the leader? Can a brilliant strategist win a war without an army fighting for him? Answer: No. This is not a case of poor leadership(not morally). This is like me playing chess with ONE pawn (me) against an army of hordes and thousands. Not even steven hawkings can win that kinda battle.

My brother's words woke me up yesterday. I asked to borrow a disc so I can input data and give it to mrs loh, I get the usual 15minutes lecture. Well, he's right. For all the damn projects that i did, 80% of the time I'm the one asking disc and information storing things. Yes, its my fault originally to say that I have the disc to store the information, but I'd like to (for once) have someone say sth like,"I have a disc to store the information". Take INITIATIVE dammit, theres no I in team, there MAY be a ME, but its only 1/2 of that damn team. What good does it do. Like the glider project I once did. There was definetly teamwork and alot of help from the DNT teachers. Even though we lost (and miserably), we had fun at the whole thing and still laugh about today since we sorta did our best and had hours down the drain. But if we were to sloggishly finish the damn glider, watch it crash, we'll most probably be blaming each other with something like, YOU SHOULD HAVE SCREWED THE WINGS PROPERLY! YOU SHOULD HAVE DO THIS! YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE THAT! OR be so heck care that you never wanna do something like that.

Well, I'm just glad to say that at least wayne's helping. He did his work dilligently, he's offered to let me borrow his thumbdrive to upload to mrs loh's lappy our latest report and even though he has sec 3 camp to go for, he's still lending it to me for 3 days. Shimin tried (i think), no disc/diskette/w/e. So for all the people reading my blog and doing projects whatsoever, please, spare a thought for the WHOLE group and not push everything to one guy. Thanks. Now i have to go do LFL's work -.- most probably gonna have the the following:

UNTIDY! PATHETIC! WEAK! NOT-WORTHY FOR MY RED PEN TO STAIN! (oops too late)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home